The Exmouth Language Centre is a small, friendly school, specialising in a unique English language and cultural programme for adults. Our aim is to enable you to enhance your English language skills while you enjoy a taste of life in the South West of England.
What does our two week English language and cultural course include?
- Twenty-eight interesting and motivating forty-five minute lessons per week.
- One-to-one feedback tutorial (approx. 15 minutes) with your teacher.
- Course materials, vocabulary book and loan of course book.
- Information pack, including a street map of Exmouth.
- Welcome and Assessment Evening (with refreshments) prior to course commencement.
- End of course certificate.
- One full day excursion to Glastonbury ("The Ancient Isle of Avalon") and Wells ("The smallest Cathedral City in England).
- One half-day excursion (by train) to the nearby Roman City of Exeter.
- One half-day excursion (by boat) to Powderham Castle, the ancient ancestral home of the Earl of Devon.
- Afternoon or evening river cruise up the beautiful Exe Estuary, famous for its bird life and spectacular views.
- Riverside and coastal walks.
- Use of sports facilities such as tennis courts, swimming pool and mini-golf.
- Barbecue (weather permitting) and Skittles Evening.
- Pub and disco visits.
- Cultural Film evenings.
- Easy access to over four kilometres of sandy beach.
- A talk or demonstration on a topic of interest (e.g. local arts and crafts, alternative therapies, etc.)
- A chance to sample a traditional Devonshire cream Tea and traditional English breakfast.
- Coffee and tea making facilities.
- Fun, laughter and relaxation